Calculate Costs to Pay for College
College costs can be scary. There are tools available to help find the cost of college and estimate how financial aid can help you pay for school.
Many students feel like college is out of their reach because of the cost. Calculators can help you see the actual cost of attending a college. And financial aid estimators can show you what aid may be available to help pay for school. Keep in mind that while these tools are helpful, they only provide an estimate.
Net Price Calculator
All colleges have a sticker price, or a general cost of attendance. But a better estimate of what a student or family will actually pay is the net price. The net price factors in grants and scholarships that lower your part of the cost, as well as books and fees that can increase the cost.
Net price calculators are tools to help determine a specific school's net price. The U.S. Department of Education requires all colleges to have a net price calculator on its website. Find net price calculators for Minnesota State colleges and universities below.
- Alexandria Technical & Community College
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Anoka Technical College
- Bemidji State University
- Central Lakes College
- Century College
- Dakota County Technical College
- Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College
- Hennepin Technical College
- Hibbing Community College
- Inver Hills Community College
- Itasca Community College
- Lake Superior College
- Mesabi Range College
- Metropolitan State University
- Minneapolis Community & Technical College
- Minnesota State College Southeast
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Minnesota West Community & Technical College
- Normandale Community College
- North Hennepin Community College
- Northland Community & Technical College
- Northwest Technical College
- Pine Technical & Community College
- Rainy River Community College
- Ridgewater College
- Riverland Community College
- Rochester Community and Technical College
- Saint Paul College
- St. Cloud State University
- St. Cloud Technical & Community College
- South Central College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Vermilion Community College
- Winona State University
You can find additional financial aid and tuition information for any college or university using the College Navigator website.
To compare costs at colleges or universities visit College Scorecard.
Financial Aid Estimators
Financial aid estimators help you figure out how to pay for school. Use these tools to find out how much savings you'll need and how much aid you may be eligible to receive.
Financial Aid Estimator
Use this tool from the Minnesota Office of Higher Education to estimate your eligibility for a Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant, and federal education tax benefits.
FAFSA4caster offers a free early estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid. If you are not ready to apply, but want an estimate of your eligibility, use this tool.
College Cost Comparison Chart
Includes tuition and fees information for public and private colleges and universities throughout Minnesota. Find opportunities to earn an affordable degree while keeping college debt levels as low as possible.
Learn about calculating expected family contribution, college savings, and student and parent loans.
FinAid! The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid
Find calculators to help you determine school costs, and how much savings and aid you'll need.
Reduced Out–of–State Tuition
There are two key ways for Minnesota students to reduce the tuition costs when attending college in another Midwest state: tuition reciprocity and the Midwest Student Exchange Program.